Thursday, March 5, 2015

I found an exercise I can do (sorta!)


A couple of days ago I was sitting on my bed playing a videogame doing something really important, and I had my husband really nice surround sound system bumping pretty loudly. I put on Amy Winehouse’s greatest hits album and as I sat there I suddenly just felt like dancing for some reason. Now, this is extra weird because I do NOT dance. I got really shit-faced and danced at a nightclub once or twice and it was pretty humiliating. I have some pretty advanced white-girl dance moves; lots of flailing my hands in the air and swaying in place – it’s not pretty.

Anyway, as I sat there swaying back and forth I thought, “Why not? No one’s home; Imma get up and shake my ass.” Yes, I truly had that thought process. And so I did! I got up and I flailed around manically for about 20 minutes. It then occurred to me, as I sat down weezing and sweating, that this kinda counts as exercise. I mean, it’s not formal exercise, but I sweated! So it kinda is, right? So I logged it in myfitnesspal. They didn’t have my EXACT activity (flail-dancing) so I logged it as slow ballroom dancing. Truly, it is more close to aerobic dancing, but I would rather underestimate my calorie loss than overestimate it. So now I’ve done this thing three days in a row and, I gotta say, it feels pretty good. I typically can’t even walk 20 minutes straight, but somehow I am able to “dance” for that long.

One thing I can say is that I am SO glad no one can see me when I do this. My husband has threatened to hide a camera so he can see me do it, and I have subsequently threatened him with death.

I also wrote a pretty morbid thing about my mental state as I approach my surgery date over on my other blog. You can check that out HERE. Also, my doctor suggested that I hop onto an anti-depressant, so that’s fun.

1 comment:

  1. I love boogie-ing to Just Dance, but being able to so so away from kiddos and other eyes can be a chore... lol ;)

    Great job!!!!! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete