Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The Gypsy Moth

My first instinct upon making this blog was to use some sort of butterfly imaging – as if I am changing into a beautiful butterfly ready to take flight. As I searched through image after image of the colorful insect I came to the conclusion that – this just isn’t me. I am certainly going through a change – but a colorful butterfly I am not, nor will I ever be. I am plain, earthy, and maybe even a little ugly. I am not a fancy flying pink butterfly. I am not a luna moth, unique and intriguing. I, like so many people, am a plain moth in the world of butterflies . A gypsy moth – common, brown, and destructive.  And so, here I am at the beginning of the biggest change in my life – a journey from unhealthy and on the verge of death to healthy  and thriving. I am really glad that you are giving it a read and I hope that my story can inspire you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment