Wednesday, February 25, 2015

EGD Day!


Today, actually in the next hour or so as I begin writing this, I will be going to the hospital for my EGD test. From what I understand, this is nothing to be too worried about, as basically my surgeon is just going to be putting a tiny camera down my throat to look at my esophagus and all of the fun stuff that she will have to contend with when my actual surgery comes.  The procedure itself I’m not worried about. I am always worried when it comes to being under sedation, however. For this I will be put in a, “twilight sleep – just sedated enough to be calm and compliant and follow the surgeon’s instructions.” Fucking creepy. Why would anyone put it that way? Although I do not remember much of what happened the last (and only other) time I was put under, I do remember a lot of flailing and several nurses trying to calm me down as I woke up. Supposedly I won’t even remember anything about what happens this go around. That is also creepy. I really hate not being in control of myself.  I guess I will update with my memories, or lack there-of, later. FOR SCIENCE!  



Looks...terrifying! Thanx Google search! 

1 comment:

  1. I've had that done. A few times.

    Your throat will be a little sore after, but that's it. :)

    ReplyDelete